The house At the Kindl's or the house At the Golden Vulture (or At the Vulture) on the plot between Celetná Street and Fruit Market Square is a building whose beginnings date back to the 13th century. The appearance of the building changed gradually over time. An extensive reconstruction project was carried out by the well-known Prague builder Karel Schmidt in 1804 for a new owner, Prokop Gindl, the owner of a jewellery manufacture. The building was raised by two floors and was given a new facade. Due to the terrible fire in 1945 during the May Uprising the back part of the building opening on to Fruit Market Square has not been preserved and a new building with a simple facade took its place.
We only know that a café was located in the house from the caption on Sudek's image in Poláček's calendar of Cultural Losses of Prague. The remnants of the constructions of former burnt-down market stalls can be seen in the picture. The square has held the name Fruit Market since 1870, originally it used to be part of a larger space reaching towards the Coal Market, called New Market. From the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries the square used to be called King's Road or Carolinian Square until 1870. In the end, the square was named after the prevailing assortment of food sold in that location.