With their Neo-Renaissance facades, the storage and workshop buildings of the National Theatre were built in 1899 after designs by Karel Skopec on a site named after the windy weather conditions there: Větrov, Větrná hora, Větrník or Na Větrově.
During the bombing of Prague on 14 February 1945 the building was heavily damaged together with the “entire content of 30 000 painted decorations from 1880–1943”. In his pictures Josef Sudek captured both the Neo-Renaissance facades of the buildings, which was basically tall that remained after the bomb attack and the following fire, together with the tangled steel beams in the interiors.
In 1947 reconstruction took place under the project leader, Jaroslav Červenka. The National Theatre uses the building still to this day for the storage of stage decor.